Wednesday, March 07, 2007

What's In A Name ?

There's been so much doom and gloom recently that for my own sanity, I needed to find a bit of light relief and I think I may have come up with something.

Writing my previous article on the appointment of our new reserve team coach, and don't get me wrong I really do wish him all the best, it suddenly dawned on me that many of City's recent appointments to the back-room staff have an inanimate object theme.

On the way out we have Tim Flowers and Frankie Bunn, who have been replaced by Eric Steele and Kenny Jackett respectively.

I guess a precedent had been set by the first team whose "inanimate" managers include Tony Book and Alan Ball. In fact City's first ever manager was called Lawrence Furniss ( a bit tenuous I know !).

I'm wondering now whether having the same name as everyday objects is a pre-requisite for the job and what possibilities that opens up for future appointments? No doubt I'll get a few decent suggestions.

I'm sure I've missed a few, but I've saved the best for last, as I don't think Arthur Cox will ever be surpassed ;-)



3 comments:

Bluesology said...

Haven't come up with another one so far, but interestingly I've noticed that an anagram of Stuart Pearce is " a crap trustee ", which isn't bad for a football club manager !

Anonymous said...

Could Artur COX be surpassed by Paul DICKOV ???

Bluesology said...

Only if he goes into management and shortens his name ;-)