This was passed to me recently and is a letter from a City fan sent into a newspaper.
I'm beginning to understand it all now.
...and he's quite right, we are almost there ;-)
Apologies about the image quality, but if you can't make it out, here's a translation:-
As a Manchester City fan, I finally understand what a club needs to thrive in the Premier League:
- A billionaire owner
- A foreign manager on a 5 year contract (or 3 English managers per season)
- A new sponsored stadium
- Season ticket prices at a minimum of £700
- Two foreign goalkeepers
- Two players (preferably strikers) whose names end in " i " or " o "
- At least four players who wear gloves in all games from October to March
- Two or three squad members who qualify for the England, Wales of Scotland U-21s (for Carling Cup duty only), and finally...
- As a ready made excuse for not making the top four, at least four players who will be away on duty for the African Cup of Nations