Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back Up And Running

Just in case you're wondering about the headline, I'm not referring to City's faltering season, even after an unexpected win against 'Boro at the weekend, but instead to my lack of recent articles.

The last week has been a bit of a mare as I swapped over to a new PC running Vista, and boy what a mistake that was. To cut a long story short, I've chucked Vista away because it's sh1te and caused all sorts of compatibility problems and gone back to good old Windows XP - I'm telling you this so you can learn from my misfortune ....... you've been warned !

With all the stress of the last week, I've sort of glossed over City's current plight, although winning away at 'Boro is something we don't do that often; in fact it was nearly 30 years since we last managed an away victory against the Smokies at their former Ayresome Park ground and what a dump that was; the Riverside though is much, much better.

Apart from beating 'Boro, there is one other thing that sticks in my mind from the Chelsea game last week. It wasn't so much the fact that we lost; ironically, we actually dominated large chunks of the match without ever looking like troubling the score sheet, but it was heartening to see a much livelier and more professional performance.

For me though, the match was tarnished once again by a few individual Chelsea "galacticos". As expected, Drogba was falling down at every opportunity as if his arse was magnetically attracted to the turf - why? He's a quality striker in probably the form of his career and just doesn't need to plunge to those depths (in every sense !), but he's not alone and it seems to be very much a club thing.

More distasteful though was the attitude of Lampard though. I can only describe his performance as surly, the way he moodily dragged himself around the pitch , irritating the home crowd by cynical time wasting. He certainly got a lot of stick from the people around me as he ambled over to take the corners and it was totally deserved.

Something seems to have happened to Frank, and I suspect it's all wages and new contract related - poor lad, I don't know how he manages on his current salary! Whereas I would never condone fans running on the pitch to confront players, after watching him at Eastlands, I can certainly understand how passions could be inflamed. The whole thing left me with a bitter taste.

Anyway, it's onwards and upwards and definitely in a northerly direction to the Toon for the next game. St James' Park is never an easy place to go and get a result and you can bet that French Tony will be looking to prove a point to Pearce. However, after the Chelsea and 'Boro performances I wouldn't be too surprised if we managed to get something up there.

On the other hand I also wouldn't be surprised if we got absolutely hammered, but that's just City for you.

H'way the lads !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good old Microsoft !!

Welcome back !

Anonymous said...

I would never touch anything Microsoft did for at least two years as this is the usual period of time it takes to sort out new program problems, which is about as long City take to sort out theirs !!